Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Review

I thought I would try this out as I’ve heard that it works wonders on oily skin. This is the pink grapefruit one. I generally use water based cleanses that have a little bit of oil in them so an oil-free cleanser is a change.

Photo Source: funnyformoney.com
Here are the ingredients:
Salicylic Acid 2%, Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance.


You can find more information about this here at Lazada

The first thing that’s obvious is that there is a crazy amount going on here. This is never a good sign. There are definitely some good ingredients in here like Aloe Vera and Salicylic acid which is great for oily skin. The bad thing is that there’s too much going on in there. Regardless of what’s in the ingredients, it’s all about how it actually feels. I usually find that when I first try out a new cleanser it does seem to make my skin less oily. This was the case here. After using this cleanser for a week or so I concluded that this was clearly one of those cleansers that dries the skin out too much. After cleansing with this my skin would feel really tight and even become a little bit flakey. This caused my skin to get oilier throughout the day, a few hours after cleansing. Drying out the skin to this level is never going to be a good long term solution. I’m not sure why this caused my skin to get so dry and flakey, but I ended up going back to using my water based cleansers.

Have you used this Neutrogena cleanser before? Did it help with your oily skin? Please let us know in the comments section below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Latest Fashion Corner © 2014